[Portfolio] 3 OSP requirements, proposed changes

Charles Hedrick hedrick at rutgers.edu
Tue Jul 14 20:47:30 PDT 2009

I think fewer than 10% are dual discipline. It turns out that given
the way we're going to set things up, they'll submit wizard pages for
evaluation, not full wizards. Thus it will just be one extra click to
be able to see the wizard page, complete with display names of all the
forms. We're going to tell them to use their discipline as the display
name. It's kind of kludgey, but I haven't been able to come up with a
design for code that's really convincing.

It's pretty clear though that I'm going to have to do some reportting
screens. One will be to let faculty to get a summary of the status of
students they're responsible for (which we can tell using groups).

Given that we're going to have multiple wizard pages in the wizard,
I'm looking at a wizard status page that has

                unit plan | unit plan 2 | next thing | next thing 2
smith          C                P
R                 R
jones         C                C
P                  R

This is going to be ambiguous for the students in multiple discplines,
but I don't see quite what I can do about that.