[Portfolio] sections overriding groups?

Kara Stiles kara.stiles at rsmart.com
Wed Aug 26 12:55:46 PDT 2009

Regarding this: the sections are overriding his ability to create specific groups.

Can you describe how that looks?  What happens when the instructor tries to create a group?

We have also encountered the problem viewing a user's matrix when using sections in a portfolio site.  Even the owner of the site is not allowed to see the students if they are placed into sections.

A quick workaround for this problem is to give the Instructor's role (is it instructor or organizer?) in the site realm the section.role.ta permission and then add the instructor to all sections as a TA. This may or may not work depending on how your SIS is updating the roster info in Sakai.

I agree it's a bug though.

Thanks,
Kara

Kara Stiles