[Portfolio] REMINDER: Today's Teaching and Learning Call

Josh Baron Josh.Baron at marist.edu
Wed Apr 15 07:18:13 PDT 2009

Folks,

Usual reminder about the call today at 11:30 AM EDT.  Call-in information
is on confluence.

I had some local distractions following the call last week (and some
vacation time) so I apologize for not following up on the last call as I
had indicated I would.  One of my "to do's" was to circulate information
on the new "Product Council" and related development process that the
Foundation has put forward as a new model for developing Sakai.  I'm
attaching a white paper that Michael Korcuska released last month that
outlines the new process and the role of the Product Council (please note
that the plan is fairly high level at this stage, details will be worked
on as the Product Council forms).  If you are interested, you can also
watch one of the webinars that Michael ran to review and discuss the new
plan (note that the audio wasn't working for the first few minutes).  The
webinar recording is at:
http://sakaiblog.korcuska.net/2009/03/26/recording-of-sakai-process-webinar/
(along with some additional comments from Michael).

I'm sharing this information as although the proposed process and Product
Council does not directly call for a new requirements process many folks
within the community have seen this new model as an opportunity to
re-launch a requirements process.

There are likely some TWSIA updates to discuss but I would also like to
dedicate so more time to the discussion around a new requirements process.
 I have submitted a conference proposal for Boston that would involve a
"community gathering" around this topic but feel that we need to have some
solid ideas fleshed out before then to make best use of that face time.

Sorry for the long posting...more to come on the call.

Josh

Joshua Baron
Director, Academic Technology and eLearning
Marist College
Poughkeepsie, New York  12601
(845) 575-3623 (work)