[DG: Teaching & Learning] Question - Anyone Tracking Faculty Activity in Courses?

David Eveland DEveland at johnsonu.edu
Tue Mar 31 12:50:29 PDT 2015

All,

Sorry if this isn't the right context for this.

We're presently looking to gather some data on the level and kind of involvement our faculty have in their online courses, and are familiar with the Statistics tool in Sakai to gather just this type of information.

However, we're also looking at being able to provide a more responsive engagement with faculty - if for example they're not remaining engaged or active in their online courses (as our contract spells out).  One way to check for this is to use the Statistics tool in every course an instructor is teaching in in the current term, and then relay that information to that faculty member's respective dean or school.

Another way would be to have a service that simply looks into the current term's courses for just this sort of data and notifies those deans accordingly if (say) the instructor hasn't engaged with a particular course for more than 4 days.

Any thoughts are helpful.
[cid:image002.png at 01D06BCA.63E14D60]<http://www.johnsonu.edu/>-
Dave E. | Johnson University
865.251.2320