[DG: Teaching & Learning] Possible merge of Sakai-user and Pedagogy lists

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Wed Jan 14 10:14:19 PST 2015

[to sakai-user and pedagogy]

Hi All,

We are in the process of a move from the current Collab email server to
using Apereo Google Groups. During the move I am wondering if it makes
sense to merge sakai-user and pedagogy into one list. Fewer lists means
simpler to pick the right list to which to post.

Stats:

# of subscribers to sakai-user : 694
# of subscribers to pedagogy : 500

# of subscribers overlapping (exist in both sakai-user and pedagogy): 245

It looks to me like the majority of posts to pedagogy are administrative.
Meeting announcements, webinar announcements, conference announcements are
common. Occasional question like "*question about auto created groups when
using the Lessons tool and Forums". *

Sakai-user has more questions on it, I think. "Resources management &
Import from Site", Making it so that the word "Sakai" does not appear on
any onscreen test, "adding another wiki tool".  Etc. Still announcements
there too , but seems like more questions.

Sakai-user archives - http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/sakai-user/
Pedagogy archives - http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/pedagogy/

Please think about it and let me know what you think (feel free to copy
both lists. It could make it more of a conversation.)

Thanks,
Neal