[DG: Teaching & Learning] Question - Anyone Tracking Faculty Activity in Courses?

David Eveland DEveland at johnsonu.edu
Wed Apr 1 05:34:30 PDT 2015

All,
This information has been most helpful and gives me great hope that we can implement something within the next year.  I feel like we’re not the only ones out there looking to do this (I felt like there had to be others, I just didn’t know where to look).

Greg, thanks for explaining how you all started out and where you are in the process.  You mentioned that I could see some samples of reports or code.  We share an instance (of Sakai 10.2) with other institutions to leverage cost-sharing, but I’m confident our host could do something like what you’ve been able to do.  We also have limited resources, but depending upon how much our Vice Provost wants to address this, we may be able to come up with something.

Pat, it does seem like Greg has something nice going.  I can see directly how the data provided back to an LMS faculty guidance council and individual schools can further inform the kinds of faculty development and  continued tool development within Sakai – that’s a great use case. I’m not familiar with Tableau so I’ll have to look into that. We use Jenzabar EX here, but I’m sure we could replicate your process of manually linking the data for reports. I’m not familiar with the Sakai queries and the tables in Sakai.  I’m not planning on attending the Apereo Conference, though you may have just given me enough of a reason to come and meet up and gain some ground on this question.  Thanks!

Ben, I’ll look into the OpenDashboard you mentioned.  Our host is Longsight, but I would guess that the OpenDashboard would be portable.

Again thank you all who shared what you know and are doing to address this question.

[cid:A1596D20-AEA6-4486-8E29-4ED6E9809108]

David Eveland | 865.251.2320
Johnson University TN
Instructional Designer/Faculty TSOE
7900 Johnson Drive, Knoxville, TN 37998
Introducing the new Johnson University Royals<http://new.livestream.com/accounts/2746937/events/2356542/videos/29800433>

[cid:A29D6102-2718-4B61-876B-1CB620E98607]