[DG: Teaching & Learning] Question - Anyone Tracking Faculty Activity in Courses?

Berg, Alan A.M.Berg at uva.nl
Wed Apr 1 00:23:26 PDT 2015

H Gregory,

The OpenDashboard is working with the OpenLRS at the Uniformed University.

We (well Unicon) provided a full end to end example with an LRS, fake data, Sakai for a 2 day hackathon at the LAK15 conference. http://lak15.solaresearch.org/zh/hackathon , https://www.surfspace.nl/artikel/1773-day-1--lak15-hackathon--building-an-educational-dashboard/ The hackathon is the second in a series. There are currently incoming inquiries for 6 more events. Patrick Lynch from Hull University is looking at the possibility for the Open Apereo Conference. We are going to keep track here: https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/LAI/LAI+Hackathons

Both hackathons encompassed twenty attendee's which was enough for 4 teams. We are looking towards innovating with a scrum like event with a local dev team taking the baton after a hackathon. It would be great to sprint to crystalize local needs into a real product.

Stefan Mol from the University of Amsterdam and Catherine Zhoa from North West University Australia are keeping track of the emerging requirements across hackathons.  The requirements are just as important as the software artefacts and this are getting documented.

We are moving quite fast at the moment. You are most welcome to join in if you want to build openly within the community.

Regards,
           Alan

Alan Berg

Innovation working group
On the use of ICT in Education & Research
University of Amsterdam
Postbus 1025 / 1000 BA Amsterdam
Weesperzijde 190 / 1097 DZ Amsterdam