[DG: Teaching & Learning] Group submissions for Sakai 10

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Mon Mar 3 13:27:45 PST 2014

Hi Pedagogy,

A new groups submission feature in Assignments is being turned on for
Sakai 10. It's a very cool feature that allows any member of a group to
submit an assignment on behalf of the group. By default, the group all
receives the same grade. The instructor can override the grade for any
member of the group. A very well thought out feature, imo.

However, as I was doing some QA03 testing (no, I'm not trying to lay a
guilt trip on anyone ;-) ) , I noticed that to turn the feature on, you
click a check box which says "Are submissions for a group?" .  This is
just a little above "Display to selected groups".  The difference is
that you might want an Assignment distributed to a particular group, and
each student submits their own assignment, which is Display to selected
groups. To me, the wording between these two options is too close and
the difference is not clear. Wondering if this is just me?

It's too late to make a change for Sakai 10, but just being a trouble
maker and curious what others think (maybe for a Sakai 10.x or Sakai 11).

Cheers,
Neal

--
Neal Caidin