[DG: Teaching & Learning] question on student use of rubrics

Beith, Linda lbeith at rwu.edu
Tue Feb 25 11:25:11 PST 2014

Hi everyone,
We have recently integrated iRubric into our Sakai instance. We are using Gradebook2 and the original Assignment tool so we are using the rubric through our Gradebook2.

We have had a faculty member ask if there is a way for his students to use a rubric either as a peer review assessment tool or as a self-evaluation on an assignment. Since the iRubric tool seems to be primarily geared toward faculty grading of students with a view-only student access we're looking for a way to accomplish this.

Has anyone found a way to offer a rubric for student use within a Sakai course? This would be a pretty cool utilization if we could do it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
Linda

Linda L. Beith, Ph.D.
Roger Williams University