[DG: Teaching & Learning] Meeting to Discussion Designs for Use of Lesson Builder

Robert Fentress rfentres at vt.edu
Thu Jul 25 05:45:27 PDT 2013

Hello, all.

It was good meeting with many of you yesterday for the Lesson Builder demo.
 In that meeting, I had suggested we get together at another time to show
one another how we had actually been structuring things in the tool.
 Lessons is newly implemented at our institution, and I, personally, have
been experimenting with several different designs to see what might work
best.  I think I have settled on a good strategy, but it would be good to
see how others are using the tool to know if I am out on a limb.

I wasn't 100% sure where we had left things in terms of when the next
meeting would take place, but I'll put forward what I think we'd agreed on;
if it is not right, let me know.  My understanding was that we would meet
again at the same time next week (Wed 7/31 from 2-3) to cover this topic.
 Kara Stiles had volunteered to set things up with her GoToMeeting
instance.  Could you do that, Kara, and send connection info to the list?

I envision this to be a little more detailed discussion of the tool,
covering how it is actually used and how things are structured in it.  Kara
indicated GoToMeeting would allow for promoting individuals attending to
co-presenter status, so we could each demonstrate what we had been doing.

Best,
Rob

--
Robert Fentress
Senior Instructional Designer and Developer