[DG: Teaching & Learning] Follow up comment - teaching and learning call

Josh Baron Josh.Baron at marist.edu
Fri Jul 12 13:24:11 PDT 2013

John,

Thanks for the additional thoughts, all good points from my perspective.

In terms of the first issue you've raised, I think that has been an topic
of discussion for many years within the Sakai community.  I know that the
Open Academic Environment, being aware of the need to facilitate
contributions from developers with skills other than Java, created this
concept of the widget library that allows for developing using scripting
languages.  Maybe there is a way to look to implement something like this
in the CLE.

I like the idea of prioritizing integration points, let's talk more next
week on that point.

Josh

Joshua Baron
Senior Academic Technology Officer