[DG: Teaching & Learning] Question on student sign ups

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Tue Dec 31 05:22:44 PST 2013

Hi Linda,

Sorry for the late response.

For #1, there is a new feature in Sakai 10 called Joinable groups, which
does exactly what it sounds like you want. A patch was also provided for
Sakai 2.9, therefore it should be possible to add it to your Sakai, if
you are on version 2.9 .

For #2, the best idea I can think of at the moment is to use the Wiki
tool. It would be trivial to have a list of topics and have each student
put his/her name next to a topic and immediately others can see which
topics are left. Relatively low tech solution, but maybe it would work?

Cheers,
Neal

Neal Caidin
Sakai Community Coordinator