[DG: Teaching & Learning] OAE and ePortfolios > Trent Batson's Blog Posting

Josh Baron Josh.Baron at marist.edu
Thu Apr 26 14:41:27 PDT 2012

Trent Batson, Executive Director of AAEEBL, just posted a nice blog
posting about Sakai OAE and eportfolios at:
http://www.aaeebl.org/tbb?mode=PostView&bmi=902968

There are some very nice comments here about OAE, but the conclusion
struck me in particular:

"What we see is a conceptual breakthrough in LMS thinking that brings
LMS’s closer to the epistemology behind eportfolio technology.  This new
thinking – and I know it is not limited to the Sakai development community
– is a watershed moment in the history of educational technology.  We see
both the influence of the social Web and of our accumulated knowledge
about learning in this new architecture.  ‘tis a consummation Devoutly to
be wished."

Thought I'd share in case you didn't see it.

Josh

Joshua Baron
Senior Academic Technology Officer
Marist College