[DG: Teaching & Learning] OAE Teaching and Learning Meeting Agenda, Friday, 4/20

Bruce D'Arcus bdarcus at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 15:11:25 PDT 2012

Bob - one comment, in case I'm not there. I flagged this in the doc,
but not sure if people will see it.

I don't like the language of "grade" in the stories. I would prefer
more specific language that describes what's actually involved in
"grading"; say "assigning a numeric score," "rating on a scale," or
"using a rubric"?

This in part points to the fact that the first case is what we
typically mean by "grading," but it's pedagogical value is quite
questionable.

Bruce