[DG: Teaching & Learning] rethinking/simplifying learning activities

Oliver Heyer oliver at media.berkeley.edu
Wed Sep 7 14:57:00 PDT 2011

To meet some initial objectives for the UC Berkeley OAE pilot that
weren't on the critical path for the central project at the time, we
implemented capabilities that allow college advisers to send
notifications to students about things that they need to attend to,
usually an important administrative task or event. We've built 2 widgets
for managing lists of tasks and events, respectively. You can sort,
filter, check off, and archive the list items. The tasks and events are
also delivered as iCal via email.

Generalizing, expanding on, and/or integrating these capabilities into
OOTB OAE has been an obvious longer term goal from the beginning. This
process is unlikely to follow the relatively straightforward Sakai CLE
tool/code contribution model.

Oliver