[DG: Teaching & Learning] Fwd: rethinking/simplifying learning activities

Jacques Raynauld jacques.raynauld at hec.ca
Wed Sep 7 13:13:30 PDT 2011

Hi Bruce and Janice.

Thanks Janice for raising our Open Syllabus project ... which is evolving.
 In our new version, everything is organized around activities to do before
class, during class and after class. Each activity has the usual Read,
Write, Execute attribute found in computing. Activities can be mandatory or
 optional.  To each activity is associated one or several resources.  This
rich semantic that can be easily extended makes the syllabus a much more
dynamic and useful tool to students.  It is especially suited for smart
phone and calendar (as Keli suggested).

Jacques.