[DG: Teaching & Learning] Using Google Docs

John Norman john at caret.cam.ac.uk
Mon Mar 21 03:45:11 PDT 2011

I think we should speak of Google Docs integration with 2 separate scenarios
1. For institutions that do NOT have a Google Apps for Education domain setup and rely on the generic Google Apps
2. For institutions that DO have a Google Apps for Education domain

My sense is that the scenarios will be quite different (although I could be wrong).

For scenario (1) I think we will need a step to associate (and maybe create) a Google account with the Sakai account - perhaps in profile.
For scenario (2) students can take advantage of a campus provisioned identity hidden behind the Sakai login, but may need help understanding scenarios where they create something using a different ID and it doesn't show up in Sakai

John