[DG: Teaching & Learning] Test Question with Limited Views of Video Clip

Lydia Li lydial at stanford.edu
Fri Jul 29 15:57:33 PDT 2011

Robin,

     Hope you are enjoying life in UK.

     Re. your question, unfortunately there is no way currently to limit
the number of times a video or an attachment can be viewed inside a
question.   The closest discussion I had related to this topic was on
limiting the time a student can answer an individual question (as
opposed to a time limit for the entire assessment).  Stanford actually
has an external tool integrated with Sakai that does that for our high
stake foreign language oral assessment.
     I've not heard anyone asking to restrict students the # of times
they could view a video or a document embedded inside a question
before.   As far as I know, Stanford does not have any plans in the
foreseeable future to work on this.  This sounds like a useful feature
though.

thanks,
Lydia