[DG: Teaching & Learning] HEC Montreal and Sakai

Jacques Raynauld jacques.raynauld at hec.ca
Fri Sep 17 11:21:49 PDT 2010

To the members of the community

Following the announcement that the University of Montreal is leaving
Sakai,  we have received numerous questions about the impact of this
decision on HEC Montréal and its contribution to the community.

HEC Montréal is a business school affiliated to the University of
Montreal.  It is a distinct entity with its own status and its own board.

Our CIO Simon Boucher confirms that HEC Montreal is committed to Sakai
and is currently running a large Open Syllabus pilot under Sakai 2.6.
We are planning to move to Sakai 2.7 in the near future.  HEC Montreal
and the research/transfer center MATI Montreal are also committed to
contribute to the S3 effort around structured syllabi and guided
portfolios.

Jacques Raynauld
HEC Montréal