[DG: Teaching & Learning] [DG: User Experience] micro-commentary use case for gradable content in Sakai 3?

Robert Squillace rs84 at nyu.edu
Tue Sep 14 08:13:25 PDT 2010

We actually tried using Flickr for social viewing a few years ago, but the problem we ran into was that the discussion threads did not actually accompany the image on screen; the discussion functionality was off on a separate page, so you couldn't easily read the discussion and look at the image simultaneously.  I think what faculty imagine when they think of social reading ranges from a standard threaded discussion to something more like FreeMind - the use cases are many.

Yours,
Bob

Dr. Robert L Squillace
Assistant Dean for Academic Affairs