[DG: Teaching & Learning] Confluence upgrade: 3.4 test instance

Anthony Whyte arwhyte at umich.edu
Tue Nov 23 06:47:10 PST 2010

A test instance of Confluence 3.4 is now available (our current version is 2.9.2).  Confluence 3.4 features new keyboard shortcuts, new options for writing user macros, a universal plugin manager, improved performance, etc. (see release notes link below).

TEST INSTANCE  (with test data)

Log in with your current Jira/Confluence username and password

http://72.249.101.17:9080/

CONFLUENCE 3.4 RELEASE NOTES/HIGHLIGHTS

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Confluence+3.4+Release+Notes

CONFLUENCE 3.4 VIDEO OVERVIEW

http://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/videos/whats_new_overview.jsp

ADDITIONAL PLUGINS

Alan Marks has requested adding the "move comments" plugin but it's yet to be updated for Confluence 3.4 so I've not added it.

https://plugins.atlassian.com/plugin/details/11874

If there are other plugins that community membes would like to see in the upgrade send me a note and I will get them added.

UPGRADE DATE

I plan to schedule the Confluence upgrade during the first/second week of December 2010.

Cheers,

Anthony