[DG: Teaching & Learning] Teaching & Learning] [DG: User Experience] [Management] Sakai Open Academic Environment confirmed as official Sakai Foundation project

Uys, Philip PUys at csu.edu.au
Thu Nov 4 22:23:29 PDT 2010

At CSU, we have been calling Sakai "Interact" and currently plans to call it "Interact 2" once Sakai OAE have been implemented locally, to indicate both continuity and change.

"Open academic environment" and other naming options have been discussed a fair bit and seemed to have described the design goals pretty well - see
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/3AK/Sakai+3+Design+Goals

It would be good to get further feedback and ideas  :-)

Regards
Philip
Dr Philip Uys
Co-Chair, Sakai OAE Steering Group

Director, Strategic Learning and Teaching Innovation
Division of Learning and Teaching Services (LTS)
Charles Sturt University, PO Box 883, Orange, NSW 2800, Australia
puys at csu.edu.au               Phone: +61 (0)2 6365 7501
Fax: +61 (0)2 6365 7670      http://www.csu.edu.au/division/lts/

YOU MUST READ THIS NOTICE
This email has been sent by Charles Sturt University (CSU) (ABN 83 878 708 551, CRICOS 00005F (NSW), 01947G (VIC) and 02960B (ACT). This email (and any attachment) is confidential and is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must not copy, distribute, take any action in reliance on it or disclose it to anyone. Any confidentiality is not waived or lost by reason of mistaken delivery. The views expressed in this email are not necessarily those of CSU. Email should be checked for viruses and defects before opening. CSU does not accept liability for viruses or any consequence which arise as a result of this email transmission. Email communications with CSU may be subject to automated email filtering, which could result in the delay or deletion of a legitimate email before it is read at CSU.