[DG: Teaching & Learning] A Warm Farewell

Janet de Vry janet at UDel.Edu
Wed Mar 10 08:49:00 PST 2010

Dear Colleagues in the Sakai Teaching and Learning group,

I am writing to let you know that I will be retiring from my position at
the University of Delaware effective April 5, 2010.

One of the highlights of my career has been the opportunity to work with
the very talented and dedicated members of the Sakai community. Together
we started the first ever Teaching With Sakai Innovation Award. It is
gratifying to see this effort continue through the hard work and
commitment of Kate Ellis, Sue Roig, Josh Baron, John Moore, Salwa Khan,
the Sakai foundation, and others.

Since 2005 when I first became involved with Sakai, I have had the
privilege of working with a number of you on a variety of tasks.
Initially, Jann Smith came from rSmart to UD to help us with some
portfolio needs analysis. When we began to seriously consider Sakai as
our WebCT replacement, Dave Goodrum came and spoke to our faculty. Clay
Fenalson and John Moore have been wise mentors on strategies for a Sakai
adoption.

I have seen the community grow and flourish while Sakai has grown and
flourished at UD.  With Josh Baron as board chair, Mathieu Plourde as a
Sakai fellow, and Maggie Lynch on the board, I can testify personally to
the talent leading the organization. I am very positive about Sakai's
future.

My plans for the next phase of my life are not clearly defined, but they
  will involve grand children, travel, art and gardening. I am not sure
what role teaching and technology will play, but I suspect it will
resurface once I discover that I am not the next Mary Cassatt.

Good luck to all of you and thank you for the privilege of working with
you.

Janet

P.S. I'll still be participating with TWSIA until I officially retire.
--
Janet de Vry
janet at udel.edu
IT-Client Support & Services