[DG: Teaching & Learning] Use of Survey question type in SAMigo

Jacqueline M. Mai jamai at stanford.edu
Fri Jun 25 12:28:29 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I'd like to find out how folks in the Sakai community are using the Survey question type in SAMigo.
Is the current format (e.g., pre-canned answer choices) useful? In what context?
Which of the pre-canned options do you often use?
Which do you not use at all?

I'm working with Rutgers University on making it possible to rate a number of items against the same set of possible answers without having to create a separate question for each item (this is what one has to do currently). I would like to see how to solve this need without having to introduce a new question type. Before I make changes to the existing Survey question type, I'd like to understand how it's currently being used.

My goal is not to build robust surveying capability into SAMigo. This requires a separate tool of its own. My goal is to make the current Survey question type more usable and the  request from Rutgers provides an opportunity for me to do so.

Thanks for your feedback,
Jackie
User Experience Designer
Stanford University