[DG: Teaching & Learning] Migration strategy - Old LMS support

Daniel Merino daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Mon Mar 23 00:21:29 PDT 2009

Hi, Mathieu.

We are exactly in the same situation (migrating from WebCT 4.1) and we
have done also some work with the content migration. We have a tool of
our own, based in the UNE's tool, and a little documentation page in
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org/confluence/display/MIG/UPNA+WebCT+4.1+Migration+Tool

By the way, your timeline and your documentation page about your
migration process have been very useful for us.

If you have any doubt about our process, just ask me.

Regards.

Plourde, Mathieu escribió:

> Dear Sakaigers,
>
> Our U. of Delaware license of WebCT 4.1 will expire in a year. We have
> been using Sakai in full production since the 2008 Fall semester. The
> WebCT archive files cannot be opened without a server running the
> software, so after June 2010, it’s pretty much over. Some users might
> need to access that data later for multiple reasons, including tenure
> or performance reviews.
>
> What are your institutional policies or plans to archive and retrieve
> information stored in a proprietary LMS? If you are a WebCT 4.1 user,
> let me know.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> =================================
>
> Mathieu Plourde, MBA
>
> Instructional Designer
>
> IT-User Services
>
> 021 Smith Hall
>
> 18 Amstel Avenue
>
> Newark, DE 19716
>
> Phone: 302-831-4060
>
> Fax: 302-831-4205
>
> mathieu at udel.edu <mailto:mathieu at udel.edu>
>
> http://copland.udel.edu/~mathieu/ <http://copland.udel.edu/%7Emathieu/>

Daniel Merino
daniel.merino at unavarra.es
Gestor de teleformación - Centro Superior de Innovación Educativa.
Hermano, puedes creer en las piedras, mientras no me las tires a mí.
(Wafa Sultan)