[DG: Teaching & Learning] [WG: End-User Support] [Fwd: Planning for Sakai 2.6]

Noah Botimer botimer at umich.edu
Tue Apr 7 13:11:31 PDT 2009

A bit more detail on this issue...

There is already one paste-from-Word enhancement integrated into what
will become the 2.6.0 release. This was addressed in http://
bugs.sakaiproject.org/jira/browse/SAK-13922.

We have also resolved the problem where empty editor contents yield
merged independently to 2.6.x before the version upgrade, if desired.
This is tracked in http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/jira/browse/SAK-15993.

The upgrade to FCKeditor 2.6.4 is being tracked in http://
bugs.sakaiproject.org/jira/browse/SAK-15994. It resolves some
additional issues and will require additional verification. The
tentative plan is to include it in the trunk/nightly servers where
others can try it out before pulling it into 2.6.x, whatever the
eventual release may be.

As Peter notes, we are testing both of these changes together now.
This is on a 2.6.x server and we are testing with real students as
well as development/support/QA staff. All testing has passed so far
without noted problems. We currently plan to launch the upgrade
institution wide at the beginning of May, after our Winter finals.

Thanks,
-Noah