[DG: Open Forum] Possible update to Syllabus tool

Neal Caidin nealcaidin at sakaifoundation.org
Tue Mar 12 12:51:31 PDT 2013

[to pedagogy, openforum, end-user-support, sakai-user]

Dear All,

Bryan Holladay has created a new feature in the Syllabus tool (sponsored by Columbia). It is an "accordion" view of the syllabus sections (see screen cast below). The printing feature stays the same as in the current version of Syllabus (one long page) and there is a property that can be set to determine which item in the "accordion" is open by default. Bryan set it so it automatically scrolls to the opened item (both in portal or tool view).

Ultimately the TCC (Technical Coordination Committee, of which I am *not* a part, fyi) and tool owners will make the call of whether this gets into Sakai CLE, but we thought it would be interesting to get some input on this. Please take a look at the screencast and the Jira and let us know what you think. Is this an improvement? Does it meet a need?

Here is a screen cast of the feature: http://screencast.com/t/kK7UGzXu

Jira is https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-23342

Thanks,

Neal Caidin