[DG: Open Forum] Sakai OAE

Matthew Jones jonespm at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 18:15:01 PDT 2012

I'm not going to comment here on the rest of this informative discussion,
however as far as 2.9 goes, I will say that the CLE release team did review
all regular blockers last week and have people assigned to work on them in
the next few weeks. We're planning on reviewing security issues this week
and are planning on a 2.9 release ideally in mid->late October prior to
Educause. (Nothing really special, just convenient timing) There is also a
test fest as you mentioned this week. [1]

The 2.9 release has been delayed mostly because nobody has really been
coordinating non-technical effort since Anthony was moved to the OAE
project nearly a year ago. He was very important to CLE communication,
release and overall organization. We were able, after a few months, to
distribute most of the technical aspects (builds/merges/releases) of his
work among the community, but the nobody committed to the large amount of
 non-technical work (jira/documentation/qa). Neal Caidin starting as CLE
Community Coordinator a month ago has so far improved this.

Neal  will be able to communicate a better timeline after we see the work
remaining on security issues but it doesn't look like anything major.  The
initial plan from the TCC was to have the release of 2.9 out 90 days after
Neal started on August 1st, and I still feel this is on track.

[1]
http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/sakai-dev/2012-September/018789.html