[DG: Open Forum] Why *I* Support the Consolidation

Charles Severance csev at umich.edu
Fri Oct 26 16:03:50 PDT 2012

I was so inspired by Steve's excellent post that I wrote my own post about why I support the Sakai/Jasig consolidation into Apereo:

http://www.dr-chuck.com/csev-blog/2012/10/why-i-support-the-consolidation-of-sakai-and-jasig-into-apereo/

Here is a quote:

"..We as higher education need a foundation that allows for the straightforward expansion and bringing in new projects. For example I would love to see lots of projects in teaching and learning have an annual conference and solid foundation to insure the long-term ownership of their source code, incubation, and having a community of like minded individuals to help advance their causes."

Please also look at Steve's post - mine builds on his.

/Chuck