[DG: Open Forum] Class2Go from Stanford

Charles Severance csev at umich.edu
Fri Oct 5 17:33:34 PDT 2012

On Oct 5, 2012, at 5:14 PM, Richard Holeton wrote:

> This is coming out of Stanford's new Vice Provost for Online Learning office:
> http://online.stanford.edu/about/meet-the-team

Thanks - this was what I was looking for.  I have been following the git commits for Class2Go for the past week or so and so I am figuring out who is who through that as well :)

> Besides Class2Go, they have developed in the last few months another platform called VentureLab:
> https://venturelab.stanford.edu/

VentureLab courses look cool - but with no source (as best I can tell) - it is less interesting to me than Class2Go.

Thanks for the info.   I checked out CLass2Go - it seems a bit daunting to set up.   Maybe I just need to spend a weekend write the "Chuck Class2Go checkout, compile and install scripts for dummies" like I did for Sakai.  I want a one-script source install for Mac (yes I am lazy).   :)

/Chuck