[DG: Open Forum] Jasig and Sakai Announce Name for Proposed Foundation and Membership Vote on Merger

Jean-Francois Leveque jean-francois.leveque at upmc.fr
Wed Mar 21 02:37:26 PDT 2012

While Sakai sounds like the colloquial French "ça caille", Apereo sounds
like the colloquial French "apéro". What does it sound like in other
languages?

I wonder what merging the two words the other way to get "merto" would
have sounded in other languages. In French, it would have been close to
"marteau". A google search leads to family names and typos on metro.

Choosing a name for international use can be hard, don't you think?

Cheers for the Apereo Foundation! ;-)

J-F