[DG: Open Forum] Pointers to Sakai and Jasig financial information (990s)

Seth Theriault slt at columbia.edu
Tue Apr 3 18:48:37 PDT 2012

Hello,

For those interested in things financial, I just sent out the following
to the merger-discussion Google group.

Seth

-------------------

As non-profit organizations, both the Sakai Foundation and Jasig are
required to make certain filings with the Internal Revenue Service, the
U.S. federal tax agency. This a routine requirement, and the filed
documents are "open to public inspection" under U.S. law.

These filings give some insight into the finances of each organization,
something that members may wish to consider as they learn more about the
proposed merger. If anyone is interested in looking at these, here are
some links:

Sakai Foundation:

   2006: http://bit.ly/r9lP8
   2007: http://bit.ly/VefSc
   2008: http://bit.ly/2LurID
   2009: http://bit.ly/HcYgfL
   2010: http://bit.ly/Hex64K

Jasig (JA-SIG, Inc.):

   2008: http://bit.ly/HSq85a
   2009: http://bit.ly/HeFocV
   2010: http://bit.ly/HeFp0C

I encourage the Apereo Founding Board and the Joint Working Group to
make updated 2011 financial information available to members as it
becomes available.