[DG: Open Forum] sakai2010: Football/Soccer fans

Steve Swinsburg steve.swinsburg at gmail.com
Wed Jun 9 19:45:51 PDT 2010

Hi all,

If there are any football (aka soccer) fans coming to the conference, you'd be well aware that the World Cup in South Africa will be in full swing.

For early arrivals, Australia play Germany at 12:30pm (Denver time) on Sunday the 13th June, so I'll be finding my way to a Sports Bar to watch that one and any company will be welcome, so long as you can complete the chant: "Aussie, Aussie, Aussie....".

This place has mixed reviews but apparently good beer:
http://cityvoter.com/british-bulldog-2052-stout-st-curtis-park-denver-co-80205/loc/28842

Also, for US people, does anyone know on what channel the coverage will be on? And free-to-air or pay?

cheers,
Steve