[DG: Open Forum] Open Source "App Store" or "App Catalog" Software

Matthew Jones jonespm at umich.edu
Tue Apr 13 13:23:48 PDT 2010

addons.mozilla.org has an open source backend called Remora.
https://wiki.mozilla.org/AMO:Developers

<https://wiki.mozilla.org/AMO:Developers>I'm not sure how much work it would
take to set it up, or what modifications would be needs but it sounds like
it has most of what you're looking for.

The code behind rubygems.org is also available, though this doesn't appear
to have user ratings.

http://github.com/qrush/gemcutter

The software behind opensourcerails.com is nice too, this might be the
simplest out of the bunch.

http://github.com/jcnetdev/opensourcerails

Probably some others, just my 5 minutes of googling.

<http://github.com/qrush/gemcutter>-Matthew