[DG: Open Forum] Thanks to the TWSIA committee! > Re: [Announcements] Josh Baron's article "Innovating Teaching and...

Josh Baron Josh.Baron at marist.edu
Wed Oct 14 17:44:41 PDT 2009

I would like to thank everyone from within the community who has worked so
hard over the past two years on the Teaching with Sakai Innovation Award
program (whose 2008 winners are the focus of the book chapter and article
noted below).  I would especially like to highlight those who served on
the past Award Committees:

Sue Roig*, Director Academic Computing, Claremont Colleges (Claremont
Graduate University)
Janet de Vry*, Manager, Instructional Services, IT-User Services
University of Delaware
Maggie McVay Lynch, Dean, Distance Learning College of the Redwoods
Mathieu Plourde, Instructional Designer, IT-User Services, University of
Delaware
Kate Ellis, Instructional Technology Consultant & Designer, Indiana
University
Nate Angell, Director of Special Projects, rSmart
Salwa Khan, Media Consultant, Instructional Technologies Support, Texas
State University
Eddie Watson, Assistant Director, Strategy & Planning, Learning
Technologies Virginia Tech

* - Committee Chair

My apologies if I have outdated titles or institutions listed for folks.

Josh
p.s. My thanks Mary Miles as well for all of her logistical support on the
conference-related award activities.

-----------------------------
Joshua Baron
Director, Academic Technology and eLearning
Marist College
Poughkeepsie, New York  12601
(845) 575-3623 (work)
Twitter: JoshBaron

From:
Pieter Hartsook <hartsook at sakaifoundation.org>
To:
announcements at collab.sakaiproject.org, openforum
<openforum at collab.sakaiproject.org>
Date:
10/14/2009 06:59 PM
Subject:
[Announcements] Josh Baron's article "Innovating Teaching and Learning
with Sakai" is now available online
Sent by:
announcements-bounces at collab.sakaiproject.org

Josh Baron's article is now available online at: http://bit.ly/2mdoL2

Campus Technology Magazine "Innovating Teaching and Learning with Sakai"
Excerpted from Courseware Management: The Official Guide, By Josh
Baron, 10/14/09

"...It was from a desire among the Sakai Teaching and Learning
interest group to highlight and share these more inventive
applications that the Teaching with Sakai Innovation Award Program,
initially sponsored by IBM and the Sakai Foundation, was born. The
program is not aimed at identifying technically complex uses of Sakai
but rather to find those uses of the technology, even very simple
ones, which are driving true innovation in how instructors are
teaching and students are learning. The following is a discussion of
the award process itself and highlights the winners of the 2008
Teaching with Sakai Innovation Award as a means to provide concrete
examples of how Sakai is facilitating truly inventive instruction..."

TO UNSUBSCRIBE: send email to
announcements-unsubscribe at collab.sakaiproject.org with a subject of
"unsubscribe"