[WG: I18N & L10N] Proposal: Merge of unverified translations into Sakai 10

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Thu May 22 09:11:47 PDT 2014

[sakai-core-team , sakai-pmc, i18n]

Just to be safe on this one, going for lazy consensus.

Proposal - Translation property files for Sakai 10 will be merged for
RC01 (release candidate 01) whether or not they have been verified, as
long as they have been merged into trunk in time and targeted for Sakai
10 (i.e. merge flag set).

Rationale - Translation files, for the most part (99.9% of the time?)
are independent files and do not affect Sakai functionality. Therefore,
while it is preferred to have all the translations verified in trunk
before the merge to the Sakai 10 branch, merging poses virtually no
risk, whereas not merging will lose an opportunity to include updated
translations or new languages. The benefit of getting the translations
into Sakai seems to outweigh the risks of any potential issue that a
translation properties file could create.

Considerations - we do like everything to be verified before being
merged into the branch, so if at all possible please have your
translations tested in trunk.

Deadline - Tuesday, May 27, 9 pm Eastern Daylight.

Please voice any concerns by Tuesday, May 27. That is the cutoff date
for any concerns related to the proposal.

Process:
A material objection raised by a Sakai PMC member will block
thisproposal. All concerns, from anyone in the community, are welcome.
Silence equals consent.

Cheers,
Neal

--