[WG: I18N & L10N] Sakai 10 status

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Wed Mar 26 06:42:59 PDT 2014

[everyone]

Sakai 10.0 is moving along nicely, but we are a little behind schedule.

Currently we are on our 5th round of QA testing, Sakai 10.0-qa05 !  We
are working towards a release candidate, but we still have a few
blockers left (a blocker is a bug or task that the Sakai Core team
decides must be completed before we can release) and need some
additional QA testing, particularly on resolved issues which we want to
merge into Sakai 10. It seems likely we will need at least one more
iteration of testing, a Sakai 10.0-qa06, before we get to a release
candidate.

My guess is that our first release candidate will be about April 18,
about 3 weeks behind our original target [1]. If this holds true, the
Sakai 10.0 release could be coming about mid to late May. Please
remember that Sakai 10 is being produced by a volunteer community, each
with their own local issues that come up (as I'm confident you can
appreciate from first hand experience) so all projected dates are estimates.

If you would like to join the QA testing effort, please take a look at
the QA05 test plan [2], and let me know if you have any questions. The
Test Plan includes information on how to get started, even if you are
new to Sakai QA testing.

[1] Sakai 10 schedule -
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/REL/Sakai+10+Release+Schedule+and+Scope

[2] Sakai 10.0-qa05 test plan -