[WG: I18N & L10N] Help break Sakai!

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Wed Mar 12 09:47:27 PDT 2014

[to many lists, apologies for the cross posting]

We are several weeks away from our first release candidate of Sakai 10
and we need as many testers as we can get!

As of this morning only two, including myself, are signed up [1] for the
current round of testing, Sakai 10-QA04.  While that is a little
misleading because we had a lot of testing in earlier rounds, and we
have some folks doing "Adopt-a-Tool" testing, which may not be reflected
on the spreadsheets, we still could use lots of eyes on Sakai 10 over
the next few weeks to have a high confidence in it's quality.

Possible benefits of participating:

* Help insure a great quality Sakai 10 release *before* your school
adopts it. Bugs found now are more likely to get fixed than after the
release is distributed. A better quality release saves you support time
and the cost of getting bugs fixed.

* Expose yourself to the new features of Sakai 10. This could help in
your planning and any support documentation you create specific for your
institution. Only you know what your institution's needs are.

* Test out tools in the way that they are most likely to be used at your
institution. Even though we have great testers in the Sakai community,
won't you feel more comfortable, and have an easier time getting to
sleep at night, knowing first hand how Sakai will behave for your
specific needs ;-) ?  (Plus we simply don't have the time or
person-power to test every variation of tool configurations and use
cases in Sakai. Hence this could be a wise and efficient use of your time.)

Help break Sakai!

To get started, please contact me at neal.caidin at apereo.org . I'm happy
to offer individualized attention to help get you started. Or if you are
self starter, feel free to review our QA04 Test Plan [2], and let me
know if you have any questions.

[1] Sign up sheet for current round of testing - http://bit.ly/1oMyUWM

[2] Sakai 10-QA04 Test Plan -
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/QA/%28active%29+Sakai+10+QA04+Testing