[WG: I18N & L10N] SAKAI 10 Help

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Tue Jun 24 06:26:23 PDT 2014

I can probably provide you a license to Screensteps if you are
interested or you can license Screensteps for yourself.  Then we can
make you a copy of the Sakai manual for you as a starting point and you
can translate. If you wanted a colleague to review your translations, we
have unlimited read-only licenses AFAICT. We can then integrate your
translation contribution into Sakai.

Here is the Sakai manual - https://sakai.screenstepslive.com/s

Screensteps home page, includes a link to pricing -
http://www.screensteps.com

Please let me know if you need more details and if you would like me to
check if an Apereo license is available that you can use.

I suppose you could also translate the files the way you suggest. I
think advantages of using Screensteps includes more easily modify and
add to  the documentation, more easily share over the web, and easily
export to HTML or Screensteps format, which could make it easier for
other institutions which use the same language to take a copy and modify
to their local needs.

We are planning, just pending some minor administrative issues, to share
the English versions of the Screensteps documentation on Github in both
HTML and Screensteps file format for just this purpose.

Cheers,
Neal