[WG: I18N & L10N] New translation workflow for Confluence - was Fwd: Join our free webinar: Scroll Content Management for Confluence

Neal Caidin neal.caidin at apereo.org
Fri Aug 15 06:48:15 PDT 2014

[i18n, sakai-dev, sakai-pmc]

Hi all,

Wanted to make you all aware that we were able to get a free license for
a cool Confluence plug-in from K15t (see below), which provides a much
nicer and more manageable interface onto our Release notes for translations.

Take a look at
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/DOC/Sakai+10+Release+Notes

And you will see a pop-down menu which includes English, Chinese,
Spanish and French. Notice the icon that indicates that Chinese and
Spanish translations are available (thanks to Gao Jun and Diego del
Blanco Orobitg, respectively).   I also added in a placeholder for
French because it seems like Yannick Leny (spelling?)  is doing a lot of
work in translating to French, both for Sakai  and  Confluence pages.

The way the plug-in works basically is that a Confluence administrator
such as myself, has to enable a space to use the Scroll translation
plug-in and specify the languages which are allowed. A translator can
edit the page and sees a side-by-side view of the English from which
they are translating.

Documentation on Scroll Translations here:
https://www.k15t.com/display/TRSL/Documentation

And they are offering a webinar, if you are interested, below.

Thanks,
Neal