[WG: I18N & L10N] Recommendations from crowdin support

Alex Ballesté alexandre.balleste at udl.cat
Wed Apr 9 00:36:45 PDT 2014

There are files that are set with the first option and some aren't. See
assignment.properties or chat.properties. They should be changed, but in
trunk the files are already wrong. In catalan we fixed them manually
and committed to trunk, but other languages have string bad in trunk.

You can check them looking for '' in fr files. You'll find that there
are strings in some files that the single quote is repeated but don't
have a mark like {0}. Those strings are generally called by Sakai with a
getString and it will render as '' and not ' :-(

So, I see here two steps:
1.- Set up all files to the first option in crowdin to avoid that it
changes again this files
2.- Change in all languages all the strings that are bad. Those that
have '' in simple string and should have just '. (I tested to do it
this actions should be corrected manually.

Alex.

Alexandre Ballesté Crevillén  alexandre.balleste at udl.cat
Universitat de Lleida
Àrea de sistemes d'Informació i Comunicacions
Analista/Programador

University of Lleida
Information and Communication Systems Service
Analyst / Programmer

Tlf: +34 973 702148
Fax: +34 973 702130