[WG: I18N & L10N] Managing translation updates

Jean-Francois Leveque jean-francois.leveque at upmc.fr
Mon May 13 06:08:55 PDT 2013

Hi Yuki,

So far, AFAIK, none of those changes done in trunk have made it into
2.9.x. If changes that are kept in trunk are merged into 2.9.x, do you
confirm you want the changes done to the ja bundles to be reverted before?

As i18n/L10n WG lead, I will do my best to be available during the
Apereo Conference for meetings, either planned or improvised, with
members or groups of members of the community involved in coding or
fixing i18n and providing translations. This, of course, includes you
and representatives of Ja Sakai.

Sincerely,
Jean-François Lévêque

On 07/05/2013 16:15, Yuki Yamada wrote:
> HiJean-François,
>
> Japanese members discussed this. As a result, unfortunately we have no
> resources to check those provided translations now. Therefore, we don't
> care even if 'ja' bundles which already had been committed to trunk were
> merged into 2.9.x. But we want them not to be committed to trunk any more.
>
> About future translations, we are thinking to have a meeting with you
>. We are going to beg you formally later.
>

> Sincerely,
> Yuki Yamada
>

> (2013/05/01 0:38), Yuki Yamada wrote:
>> Hi Jean-François,
>>
>> Please give us the time for the opinion from Japan about one week,
>> because now is in Japanese holidays week.
>>
>> Sincerely,
>> Yuki Yamada
>>

>> (2013/04/30 23:34), Jean-Francois Leveque wrote:
>>> Hi all translators (aka locale maintainers),
>>>
>>> Some time ago, Cris Holdorph provided in JIRA translation updates on
>>> behalf of Pearson International.
>>>
>>> Well-meaning members of the community merged some updates into trunk,
>>> some other updates are still Open, Awaiting Review or Closed/Won't Fix.
>>>
>>> So far the changes that have been committed are only in the official
>>> trunk and have not been merged into the official 2.9.x maintenance
>>> branch, so we still have time to think and talk about this.
>>>
>>> Neal Caidin and myself have been able to get information which leads to
>>> the following information about locales support, and I need opinions
>>> from locale maintainers:
>>> de (no maintainer)
>>> en_GB (no maintainer)
>>> es/es_ES (opinion from Valerio Cerní is needed)
>>> fr_CA (opinion from Philippe Rancourt is needed)
>>> fr_FR (Jean-François Lévêque requests rollback of changes to fr_FR and
>>> submission of changes without updates to fr_FR)
>>> it (no maintainer)
>>> ja (Opinion from Ja Sakai Community is needed)
>>> ko (no maintainer)
>>> nl (no maintainer)
>>> pt_BR (no maintainer)
>>> pt_PT (no maintainer)
>>> zh_CN (Opinion from 高珺 is needed)
>>> zh_TW (Ivan Ho doesn't mind creating JIRA later if updates contain
>>> inappropriate translations)
>>>
>>> Valerio, Philippe, Ja Sakai Community, 高珺, and other locale
>>> maintainers I don't know or forgot, what do you think for the locale
>>> you're maintaining?
>>>
>>> I suppose we should keep the changes for the locales that have no
>>> maintainer. Do you agree with this?
>>>
>>> You can check the following list for details, hope I haven't missed any:
>>> https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-22936 Resolved (Steve
>>> Swinsburg)
>>> https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-22937 Awaiting Review
>>> https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-22938 Awaiting Review