[WG: I18N & L10N] Announcement about support library for Basque and Mongolian

Yuki Yamada y-yamada at kel.co.jp
Thu Mar 28 02:31:31 PDT 2013

Hi all,

As the former suggestion in http://collab.sakaiproject.org/pipermail/i18n/2012-November/000412.html , Basque and Mongolian languages are not fully supported in Java. e.g., DateFormat and NumberFormat are not localized to them.

So, I created a library "sakai-endorsed-i18n-1.0.jar" in order to extend those APIs. It can be used simply putting into $CATALINA_HOME/endorsed/ for Tomcat 6 or 7, without any modifications in Sakai's source codes. Please see https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/display/I18N/Endorsed+I18n+Project for the details.

I'd like to share and improve it with those language speakers, because I'm just a Japanese. If you are interested, please try it out and let me know what you think.

Direct download link:
https://confluence.sakaiproject.org/download/attachments/83035199/sakai-endorsed-i18n-1.0.jar

Sincerely,
Yuki Yamada