[WG: I18N & L10N] Have you updated translations for 2.8 or later

Alexandre Ballesté alexandre.balleste at udl.cat
Mon Mar 18 10:53:00 PDT 2013

As far I know, the only two institutions that are actually running
catalan are UPV and us (UdL). They are also the main contact for the
es_ES translation, and maybe is too much effort to ask to them. In any
case,I think that this would be the best solution, but it is a
potentially dangerous because in the best of the cases we can coordinate
all this work and take the issues fast, but in the worst ( every
institution has their priorities and obligations) coordinating these
tasks in the same time lapse would be difficult.
Also, I suppose that there are more Universities that are the once that
uses its own translation, how we must work in that cases?
I think that l10n is a difficult and noisy scenario but it's necessary
to get it more agile. Maybe, its time to start thinking in a long term
solution and take out the bundles out of the development process and
centralize them in a dynamic platform. I'mjust thinking out loud, don't
take it much seriously.

Alex.

Alexandre Ballesté Crevillén  alexandre.balleste at udl.cat
University of Lleida
Information and Communication Systems Service
Analyst / Programmer
Twitter: @sinmsinm

Tlf: +34 973 702148
Fax: +34 973 702130