[WG: I18N & L10N] [Building Sakai] Incongruence in the way tools select the language.

Alexandre Ballesté alexandre.balleste at udl.cat
Mon Jun 17 02:25:00 PDT 2013

I think that the problem is in users that  haven't explicitly saved their language preferences.

When you go to language preferences and save, then some tools like Lessons work fine. I opened an issue for Lessons (https://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/LSNBLDR-239 ), but it seems that it is an extended behaviour.

Alex

Jean-Francois Leveque <jean-francois.leveque at upmc.fr> wrote:

>Please report this in JIRA and take time to list the JIRAs created
>here.
>
>J-F
>
>On 17/06/2013 08:37, Diego del Blanco Orobitg wrote:
>> I've been testing nightly trunk (this happens with 2.9 too) and some
>of
>> the tools appear to me in spanish, when I've not selected spanish
>> language at all. 90% appears in english and other tools not. Surely
>> because some tools don't read the user preference and read the
>browser
>> settings.
>>
>> I think this is not a good way of doing things. Sakai has a
>preference
>> for user language and other for site language, they must be the way
>of
>> decide how sakai shows the tools to the user. Not browser settings.
>>
>> So... what can we do with this?
>>
>> Saludos!
>>
>> --
>> Diego del Blanco Orobitg
>> Tutordemia IT & Training Manager
>> Apereo LATAM Representative

Sent from my Galaxy Note II. Please excuse my brevity.
Twitter: @sinmsinm