[WG: I18N & L10N] [Building Sakai] how to set ? (i18n best practice included)

DAVID ROLDAN MARTINEZ darolmar at upvnet.upv.es
Tue Sep 4 07:44:10 PDT 2012

Hi all,

I strongly agree with Jean-François: ResourceLoader should load properties files with strings needed to be translated, which have to different from files with string not needing to be translated. This is a requirement and, from my point of view, any other practice is bad one and will difficult QA process, decrease performance, ...Additionally, it will make much more difficult to keep translation updated as i18n dashboard (http://qa1-nl.sakaiproject.org/international/) management difficulty will be also increase.

Please, keep localization/translation files separated from configuration files, even if they have the same extension (.properties) they are not the same.

Thanks a lot for your consideration!

Cheers,

Dr. David Roldán Martínez
Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain
Sakai CLE QA lead for Internationalization
Sakai Foundation Lead of International Relationships for Iberoamerica

[cid:image001.jpg at 01CD8ABC.81F53D30][cid:image002.jpg at 01CD8ABC.81F53D30]