[WG: I18N & L10N] Sakai Dynamic Translation Server Now Available!

Mark Breuker mbreuker at loi.nl
Fri Nov 12 02:02:41 PST 2010

Hi Beth,

This sounds really great! Will this also make it possible to read the translations directly from the database at runtime instead from the property files? Or would this have a big impact on performance? This way it would be possible to dynamically update texts in Sakai without having to create a new build/release (I always have a hard time explaining why it takes a new release if faculty only want to have some label changed ;)

I envision you could download a language pack from the Sakai website with the latest translations in the future and upload it into your instance.

Cheers,

Mark

Mark Breuker
Senior Informatie Analist