[WG: I18N & L10N] 2.7.0: i18n, new features

Beth Kirschner bkirschn at umich.edu
Fri May 7 07:31:56 PDT 2010

Anthony,

If you don't mind, I'd find it easier to list the JIRA's in the
content of this email (since I've pulled them from JIRA queries).
There have been numerous minor clean up issues related to
internationalization -- I've tried to list the more significant
changes, but since this is subjective, anyone should feel free to
expand on this list.

NEW:
* http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-18165 Tool names doesn't
change when setting language preferences to English
* http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-17563 User Preferences Tool
doesn't display language/locale/variant defined in sakai.properties
locales
* http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-17558 Automatic file
encoding detection
* http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-16919 Optional properties
don't change language-dependent displayed text
* http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-16422 Tools sorting
incorrectly international characters
* http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-2601 Use human readable (and
translatable) language for end users in permission matrixes
* http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-15480 Unable to export
Gradebook with UTF-8 character names
* http://jira.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-15479 Unable to export
Roster with UTF-8 character names