[WG: I18N & L10N] message bundle tool available in contrib

John Bush john.bush at rsmart.com
Tue Aug 17 16:18:24 PDT 2010

Well, that was easier than I thought, see
http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/browse/SAK-18984

I put it in contrib for right now, I'm hoping this can make it into
sakai ootb.  It still needs some cleanup but it builds and runs for me
anyway.

svn url:  https://source.sakaiproject.org/contrib/rsmart/messagebundle

Right now I'm calling it "Localization Admin" but I'm not crazy about
the name, feel free to offer some suggestions.

Basically if you just export that into your sakai trunk and
build/deploy you can then manually add the tool to Admin WS but using
the Sites tool.  I need to do some cleanup, change a bunch of stuff in
tool reg, etc.  But check it out, its works, assuming you use the
kernel branch in http://bugs.sakaiproject.org/browse/KNL-563, and
setup your properties correctly.

So what are the next steps here, once I finish cleanup.  Should we do
some limited i18n group type testing and then push on the dev list or
tcc group, would be really nice to have this included ootb, it should
make i18n work a lot easier.

--
John Bush
602-490-0470