[WG: I18N & L10N] Working Sessions at Sakai Denver

Nate Angell nate.angell at rsmart.com
Tue Apr 27 00:58:34 PDT 2010

Apologies for cross-posting, but we want the widest possible audience
to be aware of planned working activities during the upcoming Sakai
conference in June in Denver.

While we have the great advantage of having many of us gathered in
Denver, we have organized the following activities and resources to
support immediate work to achieve tangible results for Sakai.

We invite participation from Sakai community members with all skills
and experiences. Developers make good stuff only with direct input
from everyone—students, instructors, instructional designers,
implementers, user-experience designers, big-picture thinkers—or in a
word: YOU. Spend some of your conference time helping the  community
fix, build, and improve Sakai.

Working Session Center
---
Throughout the conference, a dedicated room will serve as the working
session center, available at all hours for attendees to gather,
discuss, and work on tangible Sakai projects. Check in repeatedly to
collaborate, or just stop by to see what's going on, add your voice,
and learn from your peers.

Working Session Start: Targets & Plans
---
Early in the conference, this session will introduce and organize
actual work on Sakai to take place throughout the conference. We will
collaborate to identify good projects for the working session, using
suggestions gathered before the conference and "unconference"
techniques. Learn more about the session and add your suggested
projects to the wiki:
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org//x/gwAhB

Working Session Stop: Accomplishments & Next Steps
---
Late in the conference, Sakai working session participants will gather
to report back to the full community about work undertaken at the
conference: What was attempted? What was achieved? What worked and
what didn't? Participants will also discuss how to extend their work
beyond the conference and inspire continued workgroup activity at
other Sakai gatherings and throughout the community. How can we
increase participation in Sakai development processes? How can we
inform and educate the community about how development takes place?
http://confluence.sakaiproject.org//x/hwAhB

Project Planning Meetings
---
The Sakai project planning meetings that bookend the conference on
Sunday, June 13 and Friday, June 18, 2010 are also expected to focus
directly on active work for the 2.8 and 3.0 releases. More information
about the project planning meetings and opportunities to help shape
their agendas will be forthcoming.

--
Nate Angell
Client Evangelist